Any Individual may apply for an Associate Membership. An associate membership costs $100 annually and includes a subscription to the CHOA Journal, access to publications, seminars and workshops however advisory services are limited to questions relating to the associate member’s individual strata lot only.
Advisory Services by Phone, Email and In Office meetings (CHOA has full-time strata advisors in each of our 3 offices to assist our members with the following topics)
- The Strata Property Act
- General operations of the strata corporation
- The responsibility, duties and authority of strata council
- The responsibility, duties and authority of strata lot owners
- Resources of other services or industries associated with strata properties
- Preliminary strata bylaw review and assistance
- Legislative changes
- Depreciation Reports
The CHOA Journal is published four times per year. It contains technical articles written by various industry professionals. The Journal offers strata owners advice and information regarding all facets of strata living. Goals of the Journal are to bring together strata related news and provide strata owners with the opportunity to increase their knowledge about strata living.
CHOA members will receive direct mailing regarding CHOA seminars and public forums, legislative updates and other information that is pertinent to strata communities.